Thursday, April 29, 2010

NAIOP Marks A New Writing Adventure

A new writing client of mine is NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association. The acronym, by the way, rhymes with "skytop."

It's a fitting memory device, considering my first assignment, in March, was to write a summary of "A View from the Top: The Nation’s leading Real Estate CEOs Provide Insight Into The Industrial Market.”

A week ago, I covered a panel discussion of "Chicago Rail: Economic Development for the Region."

Much like my experience with the Chicago district of the Urban Land Institute, writing for NAIOP has been a most educational experience.

More than once, the remarks have sent me scurrying to the Internet to dig for more context. With my most recent write-up, I even included a bevy of links to aid others who may be inclined to do the same additional research.

To quote from the assocation's website, NAIOP is "the leading organization for developers, owners and related professionals in office, industrial and mixed-use real estate."

Want to learn more? Click the link that appears with this post's first word.

No comments: